New Blog - Ratspike and Renegades
I have launched my new sci-fi and fantasy blog today. I hope it will be of some interest to some of my regular readers. It covers a wide range of subject from art to books, lots of figures, games and associated memories. All of it will fall under the general heading of Science Fiction and Fantasy. You will find that the products of Games Workshop feature heavily, but my Games Workshop interests are more what could be called 'Oldhammer' rather than the current, or even recent, production. I stopped buying new product almost a decade ago and focus mainly on pre 1990 figures and games. Click here Ratspike and Renegades to see the first post. I will post a second entry within 48 hours to give a better flavour of the somewhat eclectic mix that I have planned.
Hope to see you over on the other side!
Tara a bit!

Well, Graham, I might get some tips how to socialise with the local Warhammer club!
ReplyDeleteMichael
You never know Michael! I only play with old friends pretty well. I haven't been a member of a formal wargames club since the eighties lol!
DeleteWell, I went to the local club last week, several having made a point of chatting. And I'm going again on Thursday, just to give them a contribution. But there must be some historical gamers in the area. I will be more forward in my own plans when the gaming stuff arrives from storage, and the room is set up for actual games and photos.
DeleteI look forward immensely to your return to gaming and blogging!
DeleteHuzzah! Good Sci Fi company out here for my Close Little Space Wars in a quiet 1:32 54mm galaxy or universe. More (Not Quite) Star Wars than Warhammer. H.G. Wells would be pleased …
ReplyDeleteLots more questions like ‘what colour is space - shiny 1950s, grungy 1970s or grimdark future?’
I like shiny 1950s for my 54's but veer to the grim 'ish' future for my 40k. I am stuck in the late 70's to the early 90's by and large for my fantasy /sci-fi 25's. All will become clear as time goes on. Thanks for visiting Mark.
DeleteI must say, Graham, I did like your 1950s take on the rocket and spacemen. I'm a DVD collector of pre-1980 sci-fi and horror movies. My favourite being This Island Earth 1955, but I also love War of the Worlds 1953.
ReplyDeleteGreat films! My 50's scifi love was also boosted by comics, particularly reprints of the ec scifi comics from the 50's. Robots and Rayguns !!!
Delete